The name of the fabric line was Maple Island so I stuck with the "maple" theme. I found a pantograph from Apricot Moon called Maple Sugar
and used that. I found a King Tut thread that I thought would stand out on the quilt, but it really doesn't. For the first time I can't really see the thread. I'm not disappointed because some times things work out, some times they don't. It did show up enough on the white strips that were in the jelly roll.
I think this is my last jelly roll quilt made like this. It is fast, it is quick and it's perfect for donation but it is slightly off when it's finished and you can see it when you quilt it up. Some are worse than others. (That's all I'm saying.)
I do like the back of this. It was the perfect find on a sale table at Oakville Sewing Centre. I had no intentions of using flannel, but it will be cosy for fall nights.
Just to add a little note to this. It was suggested I donate this to Quilts of Valour, Canada, but things have changed.
This quilt is now destined to Fort McMurray.