Thursday, April 21, 2016

Way back..........

on March the first I started a quilt.  It was suppose to be a wall hanging/table topper and it was a free pattern from All People quilt.
I really want to get rid of my batiks.  I'm over them so I chose what I needed.
I followed the directions and they are very good -- if you want to make this little quilt.


 I used my flannel wall to put it together and then I realized my fabric choices were just not working.  I needed "punch" and I didn't have it.
Back to the drawing board.
I decided to try black between the blocks and it seemed to pull some of the colour out and it gave the pieces some "wow".
I kept going........I couldn't toss it......I had to make it work

 I opted for an inner border that was neutral and then added a narrow black border.
There are errors in this quilt!  Yeah, I did it and I'm not telling where it is.  That's your mystery for the day.


 I had a lot of blocks left over so I decided to put narrow sashing between them and put them on the outer border.  I sewed 5 blocks together for top and bottom and 8 for the two sides.  I used the same fabric for each corner and large inserts of black.
It's done to this point until I find a backing.  I'm thinking of one of the  Black Tie Affair fabrics.  I hope to be able to use my cone of Shifting Sands on this, and the panto......no idea -- maybe flowers or leaves.


I have some catching up to do.  I'm way behind in my block of the month.........way behind.  Time to get moving!

Search This Blog