I really want to get rid of my batiks. I'm over them so I chose what I needed.
Back to the drawing board.
I decided to try black between the blocks and it seemed to pull some of the colour out and it gave the pieces some "wow".
I kept going........I couldn't toss it......I had to make it work
There are errors in this quilt! Yeah, I did it and I'm not telling where it is. That's your mystery for the day.
I had a lot of blocks left over so I decided to put narrow sashing between them and put them on the outer border. I sewed 5 blocks together for top and bottom and 8 for the two sides. I used the same fabric for each corner and large inserts of black.
It's done to this point until I find a backing. I'm thinking of one of the Black Tie Affair fabrics. I hope to be able to use my cone of Shifting Sands on this, and the panto......no idea -- maybe flowers or leaves.
I have some catching up to do. I'm way behind in my block of the month.........way behind. Time to get moving!