Tuesday, April 5, 2016

This is the year for change

I don't sew very much in the "big" room during the winter.  It does get cold, but that problem is going to be fixed before next winter rolls around.  I am desperately trying to save for a gas fireplace.  Don't know as that will happen but I'm working on it.
In the meantime, I've been shifting, sorting and getting rid of.










The big table was staying and so was my work station.  I cannot be without either one.
The flannel wall just wasn't working out well anymore so it had to be moved.
Furniture was being donated to whoever would take it off our hands, but that little chair was not going anywhere.  It is so comfy.


This was was jammed with "stuff", so "stuff" was pitched.  The table will stay for some things and the cedar chest was eventually put beside it and it holds my pattern boxes!!!!  Nothing is inside it.  We emptied it out.   I can't get rid of it though as Karl gave it to me the year we got married.  I was going to say the first year we went together, but we were only going out with each other 9 months when we got married.

I decided to put my work station right up against the big table.  The light can now shine down on which ever side I'm working on.  The light on the mega quilter is not the best and with this light I should be able to see a bit better.  
I moved my serger to one end and it can sit on the floor if need be.


Now I have one huge open area for this.......
I took the plunge.
I'm tired of having quilts on hangers ready to be quilted.  I love to start a quilt and then finish it.
Now I can.
Some quilts will stay here, some will go to new homes.  
I'm looking forward to my new adventure in quilting.


Search This Blog