Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Orphan blocks...

This is a bit late in the day to be posting,
but our service has just come back after more than 24 hours without.
A construction crew did not call Bell before they dug
and snapped our fibre optic cable which left us without
phone, television or internet.
Geez, it nearly killed us, I can tell you.
Good to be back
and hopefully these ***** have learned their lesson.
Movin' on.......
you know the ones that are left-over from other projects or ones you tried something and then didn't do anymore.  This block was one of them.  I did a tutorial on this here and I do recall I had great plans.  They never materialized.
I found it when I cleaned up my work station for the big move 
 and decided to add two ends to get the length I needed
 I sewed them on
  and these old curtains have been sitting in the house with no windows to cover,
so I cut them a bit larger for the back.
 To make sure the animals are "comfy", I used two layers of 80/20 batting.
Not sure I would do that again.  I'm going to try 80/20 and poly the next time
I grabbed more left-overs and made a binding.  More fabric gone!
About an hour of stitching and this one was ready for delivery to the vet's office.
More to come.  All those bits of binding will come in handy to finish them off.

Search This Blog