Wednesday, April 13, 2016

In memory of

our beautiful girl Misty, who loved nothing better than a cozy quilt.
When you start off with a long arm, you practice and practice and practice.  What do you do with the pieces you stitched out?  Well, I made "pet mats".  They varied in size starting at 13" x 20" and then there were 4 at 18" x 18".
You need to get the feel of the machine, you have to learn so many ins and outs of the process.  You cannot get defeated and think "I'm sending this back to where it came from".  You don't learn it overnight.
Even with all the practice I've had over the last few years, now I'm on my own~~sort of.  Thank goodness, Anne lives nearby.  Hopefully, one day I won't need her quite as much.
I meandered and I swirled.........two that I know I will be using a lot of.
Love the meandering and I just stand there and watch!

I thought I knew what I was doing, but it turned out I didn't.
I finished this up right to the bottom and then cut it up into four and bound all of them
Fish for the kitties.
 By the time I was done, this was the stack.  I had 13 for them until I had some more bindings cut.  I will take some small bits of fabric and cut them 2 1/2" and then sew them together.  I really like the bindings on these.  The nicest part is the cats/kittens just don't care.
 This is the cat ward at my vets clinic.  There are 3 wards with 24 cages total.  It was a joy to go back and see the cats that are visiting while their humans are on vacation.
Our vets are the best -- yes I know you think your vet is -- but ours are!
Our clinic is all women and they are all super. 
that's where we take our boys.
When I wrote this column I had no idea our "boy" would be spending time with our vets.
He isn't in this ward.  They have 3 of them.
This is the "boarding" ward.
The "recovery" ward and "treatment" wards are in another area.




Search This Blog