I took an evening of decision making and thought "what if I cut circles around the owls and put fusible web on the back of them." It sounded feasible to me.
I wasn't exact in the cutting. I left some of the background as these little owls are a bit whimsical.
Then of course, my next decision.........what colour should I do the background.
I knew Sewetec had some grey fabrics in stock and I actually knew which one I wanted. It was a case of getting over there and picking it up. One gorgeous sunny Wednesday we went for a drive and as soon as I walked through the front door I saw the other fabric from the line that I knew would work.
I honestly did not take me long to fuse, and stitch around each owl. Two days of off and on work and they were done.
Then to stitch the rows together and add a little border.
It will be bound with the dark blue which is cut and in the box.
The backing took my math skills but it turned out well
and I must admit I am happy with it.
By the time I stepped outside to take the photos, the weather had
The beautiful sunshine has disappeared and the wind had picked up
and now to quilt!