Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Way back in May of 2013

we met up with Jan and Reg in Ottawa and went to the Ottawa Valley Quilt Show.  It was fantastic and if you have forgotten you can see it here.
I bought a stack of fabric for a wall hanging and it sat here.  Not sitting here any longer.  It was the next one in the UFO box and it was time.
I took a day to cut the fabric from the very best instructions I have ever read!
Leesa Chandler is an Australian (Yeah, Aussies).  Look around the website, there are a couple of freebies there for you.
What sold me on the wall hanging that was in the booth was this fabric.
The wonderful little dragonflies and the bull rushes and I won't go into why I love bull rushes.  It is such a crazy reason.  Let's just say Quebec is involved in my addiction to them and we will leave it at that.
If they had thrown in some wild chicory I would have been really happy.
It honestly should not take as long to sew this together as it took me.  I started and three days later I finished it.  I had housework to do and then there was that 4 loads of laundry that occupied some of my time.  For someone that could sit and just sew, maybe a day and a half.     You start with the right side of the wall hanging.............
and then you add the left side
 



and then there was this!
I think.......no I know.....this is my favourite fabric from the line.  Great memories of a night with the grands in Algonquin Park when we walked in the dark, kiddies in their pyjamas, to hear the frogs down in the bay.  Not a sound, but the frogs croaking and croaking.  
The lily pads bring back the memory of the time we were canoeing on Pog Lake and Cody decided he wanted that lily w.a.y over there!  His Mom kept him in the canoe with her paddle.
While I was tidying up one day this appeared out of nowhere!    Why I saved it, no idea!
When I woke up this morning I heard the devastating news from Belgium
My condolences to the wonderful people of this country.



Search This Blog