Thursday, March 17, 2016

I waited all winter for this

and then a month ago it happened.
We got snow!  White, heavy beautiful snow!  A winter wonderland
I grabbed the camera and the two quilts I had finished and out the door I flew.
I didn't realize it was quite so wet so I left my boot tracks everywhere I went but so did someone else.
This is number one of two
The fabric was sent to me from Patchwork Fabrics in Slave Lake and the backing I purchased at Sewetc., in Burlington.

 You have to pretend those are air bubbles from the whales
The sailboat took us
 where the treasure map told us
the treasure chest would be
and the shovel helped us find it!
The panto is called Treasure Chest and Anne used a favourite thread of mine
King Tut Lime Stone
This was number two quilt
another layer cake from Moda
I used the squares to make the blocks along with a white I had in my stash
 The binding was part of the layer cake.........simply called Prairie!
 The panto is called Clematis and is a recent acquisition by Anne.  We had to try it!



The thread is King Tut, Mummy's Dearest, a gorgeous blend of green, pink, yellow, blue and cream
I had just put the camera in the house when I noticed the sun trying to peek out
so I went back in, robbed the camera and shot some more!  I love winter photography!
I honestly love a good Canadian snowfall.  There is something magical about it, especially when it is the wet variety and it clings to everything.
It melted within a few days, but it was lovely while it lasted.

and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all
May you be 
half an hour in Heaven
before the devil
knows you're dead!





Search This Blog