Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

and then......


it was time to make the backing.  I wanted to use up what I could from the front so I started with
what appears to be a panel but really wasn't and some dragonflies on top and the green lilies on the bottom.  It measured about 72" when sewn together.
This was the second one.
I reversed the lilies and the dragonflies and sewed them to the blue fabric that was used for the sashing on the front.  Boy, I sure bought enough of that!
I bought this green fabric in PEI and when I got home I did the "I wonder why" bit and put it away.  1 meter of fabric I didn't like!
and the final "panel" using up some more of the bits from the front.
Time to make decisions as to what to do next.  I decided to cut 6" from one side of the green the entire length and trim them to 72".
I added one piece to one side of the bull rushes fabric and the other 8" to the other side and also to the final panel I made with the pink lilies
Then I had one seam left to join on.
My result was this............
I have no idea of the width but the length is more than enough.  I will measure to make sure when I get a few spare minutes.
Supper was ready when I had this all pressed so I had to stop.
While I puddled away with this
I made myself a Superior shelf!!!!
I cleared off one shelf from this cabinet
and put my Superior Threads out so they are visible and in their proper places.
So Fine #30, King Tut, Bottom Line, Masterpiece, Fantastico, So Fine #50 and the new OMNI-V
More of that is coming soon.  I love that thread!
at the right hand side is a cone of thread of unknown making 
and the few Glide threads I own and will own for many years to come.
I need a long arm!
This is a bit lengthy so I'm going to post it and then you can read it over the next few days.
It is a really good posting about backings and well worth the read. 


by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF