Wednesday, March 16, 2016

About a year ago


I wrote a column that featured some eye candy from the girls at stitch and chat.
It is here
You will have to scroll down a bit to see the quilt that was in the planning stages.  Susan was putting a brand new quilt for her bed together and trying different layouts.
Well, it's back home, it's bound and it's on the bed.  It is stunning! The pattern is called Boxtrot and the original link I gave you is no longer available.  
At stitch and chat I worked on a new jelly roll quilt.  I used a fabric line called Maple Island by Holly Taylor.  It is a rich, vibrant line that is right up my alley, which by the way is not one woman.
You can read about this duo here
There has never been anything these gals have designed that I haven't liked.
This is it.  It was suppose to be more, but when I got to this point
I really liked what I had, so I stopped.
and then I walked into my local store and saw this
fabulous flannel and it was on sale!
It works so well for this quilt.
The backing fabric was not wide enough so I added a piece.
I found a flannel in my stash that had been there for awhile and it worked well with what I had purchased.
Instead of just sewing it in, I added some maple leaves to the strip
I found the pattern for the leaves after I googled......maple leaf coloring page.  There are so many to choose from, but this one looked like it was a bit smoother around the edges.


I sewed all of them down and now the machine quilting can do the rest.
 No idea when it will be quilted.......maybe sometime in April and yes it is a donation.

Search This Blog