Thursday, January 7, 2016

A funny thing happened

when I went to the quilt shop in December.
I needed a birthday gift for my BFF out there in Moose Jaw.  I wanted a pattern and some fabric.  After I selected a piece that I wanted for myself, I turned around and saw a pattern on the rack.
It was perfect!  We both love snowmen and they always cheer up a room and they can be out from November until March!
Then I looked to see the pattern maker and started to laugh.  The pattern is from Moose Jaw.  Heck, she could drive to the store and pick it up.
Then I looked around for some fabric.
I spotted this on a shelf for the background.  I think it's great as the snowmen will pop!  The embroidery can be done in white thread and it will pop too.
The fabric feels like a batik, but I don't think it is.  I'll have to check that out the next time I'm over.
I love to make my snowmen with flannel.  They just look so much "warmer" than if they are done with cotton.  This flannel is fabulous!
It is from Trend-Tex and it is called Maple Flannel Basics.
It has the most luxurious feel to it.  It looks like wool!  I need more of it for my stash.  
I bundled the whole thing up with a width of orange/rust fabric.  Jan can use it for the noses on the snowmen. 
I bought the pattern for myself too so we can stitch along together.  It is a big pillow -- 18 x 33 so it will be great on my sofa for my afternoon snoozes!
 
I purchased everything at the quilt shop in Burlington.
on Pearl Street.
Take a peek at their website.  



Search This Blog