To be honest the hold up was the sashing and the binding. I wasn't going to do what the pattern called for and my brain was not in gear to think what colour to use. The it hit me, like a ton of bricks.
I opened up the red box and pulled out the blocks that needed some work done on them. These are four of them. One was at the machine.
I decided to try the sashing first to see if I still really, really liked what I had chosen.
Thank goodness I did. Two rows together
and after a week's worth of work I had this much done. All the sashings were in place and the top inner border was done.
I made my quilt smaller than called for. It is about 73 x 73 now that it is done.
I also made changes to the pattern by doing my own thing!
I added the recipient's name to block #2 in the third row
I did a heart instead of bundling up another penguin
I did a wreath instead of the hats.....I wish now I had made the wreath larger
It was suggested to give one a bow tie..........so I did
I had to fiddle a little bit because I bought the last on the bolt of the dark grey. I knew there wasn't anymore. So I went to bed (that is where I do my best thinking) and decided on the side inner borders. I had to introduce the lighter grey as that is my binding.
This is it! Finished and it will be on the long arm in 2 days!
I had a funny thing happen to me last week. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about it ---- yet!
I will tell you in January.
In the meantime, if you are looking for flannel that looks like wool and feels as soft as freshly fallen snow,
I want to recommend
It is the most wonderful flannel I have ever purchased.
I know the Village Square Quilt Shop
on Pearl Street in downtown Burlington
I bought white
and I'm sorry, that really is all I can tell you ~~ for now!