Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I did it!

I got it done in time.
I couldn't believe I forgot all about a fall wall hanging for the living-room door.  Totally escaped me, so I had to work fast and get it done.  Friday evening of the Thanksgiving week-end, the final stitch was in the binding and it was going up.............not on the door though, I hung it on the wall.  I used the pumpkins and the some of the wording from this pattern by The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, SK.  Yes, they are on the web!
As you can see I left a lot off.  No sunflowers even though I did have the right batiks for them.  Time was of the essence!  I didn't have the right amount of fabric for the background and I wasn't going to buy any.  I love the fabric I used and it has been here for awhile waiting for just the right project.
I opted to put the word Autumn falling........just like our leaves were doing that week-end!
 How to quilt was a question that didn't even enter my mind.  I followed the dots!  Maybe I went wide, maybe I went narrow.  Didn't matter to me, it gave the wall hanging a "falling" effect.
 I don't have a lot of orange batiks in my stash.  I used what I had, for both pumpkins and the binding.  The three had to be different was all I thought.





I was really happy with how it turned out and it will stay on the wall until December when it will be replaced with something Christmassy.  Snowmen, Santa.........not particular.
This is Buddy looking out the living-room window.  It was a windy, sunny day and he couldn't decide which way to look as the leaves were falling off the trees in the front yard.  Tommy was having a snooze.......it was his nap time!
Over at Sewing Machines, etc., for the month of November only look what they are doing for you!
I'm heading over Friday to save on that fusible batting.  I love it for placemats and coasters!
It would work well in bibs and burp pads too.

Search This Blog