Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fiddling and fooling

Okay, let's be honest, I messed up.
I didn't follow the directions
I just went for it
and when I was done I didn't have a star
I had this

so just for the heck of it
I made more
and then I got
this
let's try one more time 
and see what I get
I couldn't think of any other ways
to put this block
together so I stopped and joined them
to make a 
holiday table runner
for our dining-room table
but first it is on display 
at Sewetc in Burlington
When this was written,(back at the beginning of the month)
 the runner still had to be quilted, but that wasn't going to take long.
So I took a day, sandwiched it and
a simple stitch in the ditch and beautiful blue binding added to it.
It's done!
In the store and on display.




Next time you make a block that has four or more sections 
to it
play around a bit
and see what happens.
Sometimes it is the start of something BIG!
and NEW!



Search This Blog