Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What do you do with some panels?

You think outside the box!
There was another panel sitting at the store that had snowmen..........yes, I am addicted!
Anne suggested why not a scarf so I said "sure, why not"
This panel consisted of 12 blocks -- 2 of each of these.  I cut them out leaving a 1/4" seam allowance around each one
 I picked this up as the co-ordinating fabric.  I believe it was about 1/2 metre.


I decided to cut a small sashing 1 1/2" wide by the length of each block which was 7 3/4" -- odd size I  know.  The length of each block was about 9".

I thought about how to sew them before I got going.  I wanted both sides to run in the same direction.    When I took the remaining sashing fabric to make the back of the scarf, I discovered the scarf itself was too long, so I removed the one sashing smack dab in the middle.
I measured carefully so that the back and front were indentical in both length and width, found the middle of each and pinned around the entire piece leaving an opening for turning along one side.
This scarf is really long when you are laying it flat, but once you tie it around your coat it shortens up.
Just before I started the scarf this appeared on Facebook.  
Timely or what?
A cozy soft scarf for you or someone else.  It can be made in a day.
Photo of the day.
Best Mates!




Search This Blog