Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I have a wee job!

doing something I love.  How lucky is that?
At the start of the summer I was asked if I would be interested in making the store samples for Sewetc in Burlington.  Is the sky blue?  Is there thunder with a thunderstorm?  I said yes!, yes!, and another yes!
When you make samples, you have to move f.a.s.t as in lightening fast.  The idea is to make a sample with the latest line that comes into the store.  No time to waste making it up.  You get the fabric, you design a quilt or whatever and get it back to the store ASAP.
One of the little creations I got to do was to make a bag from a Hallowe'en panel that came from Northcott.  I couldn't find it anywhere but at eQuilter which is in the USA.  I know Sewetc is completely sold out.

It took me a few days to make it up because I was having so much fun doing it.  I lined the bag and used the extra appliqué shapes on the inside. I used a batting for the bag itself and then stitched around some of the shapes with Glow in the Dark thread!  Spooky!


There was fabric left over and one square from the panel that had a ghost printed on it.  I thought about it and then decided to make up a placemat
When the panel was sold out, I was told to take the bag and the placemat home.
We give a little something to wee Julia down the street for her birthday on October 13th and this will be her gift this year.
Just in time for the BIG night!



Search This Blog