Tuesday, October 27, 2015

and with the left overs


I did have two pieces of border fabric left over.  They measured 10 1/2 x 15" when I had them trimmed up.
I purchased a beautiful dark blue fabric for the back of the placemat and when I was starting to work on them I decided to put some needle punch in between.  Lo and behold, what I had on hand was fusible on one side. Yeah, it made sandwiching so much easier.

I decided to make rounded corners this time.  I like them as you don't have to think about that perfect corner.  I used a large spool of thread and my washable marker to mark the turn.
At the sewing machine, I slowed down my speed and used the blue line as my guide.
 My walking foot from the edge to the needle is exactly 1/4" when I move my needle.  I took a few stitiches and then stop and turned just a wee bit, then a few more stitches and turned just a wee bit.



and when I was done I had four perfectly rounded corners
Ta-Da!
Two placemats heading out to Ronald McDonald House in November.  I love these and they were so quick and easy to do.  The lovely thing about snowmen is you can use them for such a long time in Canada.  November right through until March!


Search This Blog