Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Decision made

I was supposed to put Taylor's quilt on the long arm frame this month, but there was a little wee tiny issue, so I quickly threw a jelly roll quilt together and did two quilts instead of one.
This was the last of the jelly rolls in the house.  I had purchased this one for the tranquility wall hanging and then thought better of it.
I phoned Karen one Saturday morning and asked her if she thought I should move the lengths around a bit and she said she didn't think that was necessary.  I decided to not bother doing right angle joins.  I trimmed the first piece back 18" and then cut away all the selvedges.  Then I started to sew............and sew...........and sew.........and that was only one bobbin.  Started the next row and I just kept sewing.  I do love that final join!  I think it took me over 2 hours.
This was the outcome.  (Yes, there was a breeze and the top row blew over onto the quilt.)  I love the way it looks.  A little bit here, a little bit there.
I grabbed some batiks from the stash and made a backing.  I have to admit I had problems with one piece.  It still isn't right.  That large blue piece is odd.  I'm thinking it may be a bit on the bias.  Not going to worry about it.
Next Wednesday you get to see the completion of this quilt.

Search This Blog

Humboldt Broncos

Humboldt Broncos
This blog is dedicated to the young people that lost their lives from the Humboldt Hockey Team. It is also dedicated to the first responders, the doctors and nurses and to the families and the people of Saskatchewan

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF