Ginger Hearts

Ginger Hearts
Apricot Moon pantograph

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, May 14, 2015

A little bit of this

a little bit of that.
Truth be told.........I spend a lot of time on the computer.  I search e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g to find machine quilting ideas, new quilt designs, new information.  With that being said let's see what I found in those categories lately.
Machine quilting ideas...........I'm getting a bit tired of doing stippling.  This just happened to come into my email inbox one day.  I do like this and will have to give it a go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmxcpONdyY0

I like the next one too.  I was thinking this could be used on sashings!
http://theinboxjaunt.com/2015/04/21/beginner-loops-a-free-motion-quilt-tutorial/
I am always on the lookout for new quilting ideas.  The disappearing nine patch is great, and this is but another way to put it together.  It's a freebie.  Click on the link below and follow the instructions.
I really like this idea.  It's a jelly roll
and you can find the instructions for it here
Now for some information.  Things maybe you had forgotten or just didn't know.
First off 
Charm Math.......charms.....those little pre-cut 5" squares
What can you do with a 5" square?  More than I thought
Last one for today.  I read this a couple of weeks ago and this is the best I have ever seen on how Batik fabrics are made.  It took me awhile to fall in love with batiks, but now that I have.......
A long week-end is on our doorstep.  Karl and I are going to do a day trip.  There is a quilt show up in Chesterfield (which really no longer exists except for the cemetery) and then out to lunch in New Hamburg.  There are two quilt shops up there, so I may or may not do damage to my wallet!
The weather forecast has changed for the three days so I should get some sewing done, because I don't like clouds, rain, clouds, rain!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, there is so much on the internet that it can get hard to tear oneself away to do some actual sewing......have a good weekend!

Nanci Stokes said...

I love the disappearing nine, so many variations. I have a couple of friends who were amazed when in a two day workshop at the cottage had no idea what would happen when they cut into their blocks! Great results of course, but they still cannot quilt without my guidance...lol, so much stuff on the internet, but also in our heads Bev. What I want to find are the colours that I like.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF