Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wrap it up Wednesday!

Three baby quilts are done, however, you are only getting to see two of them.  Sorry.   I'm so happy that these are behind me and I can move on to other things......like my granddaughter's quilt that is going on the frame in May.
This is just a simple disappearing nine patch with some brown sashing.  Not hard to do at all.  Fast, quick and it looks so great when it is done.  People think you actually spend hours making this.  Shhhh, don't tell them.
I machine quilted this one myself with a new thread I had just purchased.  Love this King Tut......it is blues and browns
Bunny Hugs went on the frame when I was over at Sewing Machines, etc., doing my Love Blooms Here.
I changed the thread colour from what I told you I was going to use.  I decided that I didn't want colours running through the bunny's faces.  It worked out well.  It blended beautifully with the other colours.

Watching the Caterpillar.  My all time favourite baby quilt.  
My binding does not match my border.  I had a really good laugh about this.
The binding fabric was sitting on the cutting table when I decided to try out a new block my friend Anne was going to teach.  When I realized what I had done, I thought to myself I'll just go back to the store and buy more.  W.e.l.l, that didn't quite work out.
On the day we were doing these quilts on the long arm a lady came into the store and bought the rest of the fabric on the bolt.  I even told her it was one of my favourite grey fabrics!
The one I chose to use instead works well, so no harm done.












Search This Blog