Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sometimes you just shouldn't

purchase fabric you didn't walk into a store to buy. I had so much trouble with this fabric.  It just didn't "speak" to me~~but that happened when I got it home.  Now that I think back I'm not really sure I liked it when I saw it in the store.
The colors are so soft........not at all what I normally choose.
I have three quilts for babies now made from it and then it is gone.  I put aside another quilt to get this fabric off my workstation.
It is beautiful fabric......just not my taste.
I wanted turquoise and brown...........I couldn't find a suitable brown.  I should have taken one with me from home.  I have enough of it!
I started with a nine patch and this wasn't the original design. I was going to put them on point but after four blocks I decided against it.  Why?  I only had one more to make, but that brown just kept yelling at me!
I put sashing in using the "wording" fabric from the line smack dab in the middle.
Then it was time for the inner border.  I had more of the fabric with the wording on it, so I opted to put that in the middle but make it a bit bigger than a 2 1/2" square
I had more than a meter left of the focal fabric, so I cut my borders remembering I needed 37" for the backing.  The borders are cut 3 1/2"
I'm going to bind with what is left of the dark brown to bring it all together.
I am doing this one at home. 
This was my April quilt as I had some catching up to do with my donation pile.  Feels good to be back on track.





by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF