Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My curatorial assistant friend

Susan, strongly urges people to document their quilts.  I did that for a long, long time and then decided I had to come up with a different way to do things.
I found a beautiful book one time at Chapters~~on sale after Christmas.  If I had seen it sooner, I would have bought it and gifted it to someone, anyone!
 I take a picture of some of my quilts.....I can't afford to do all of them.....and then do a little write up.
 Sometimes I sneak into people's homes while they are away and snap the photo of the quilt on the bed.
 Other times, I go outside in the lovely weather and throw the quilts around.......

 This one I love~~now!  Sure didn't like the fabric when I bought it.  I have to do this backing again ~~ and soon.
 An idea I came up with at Christmas.  We are ready for the big day.
It is simple, it is efficient and it gives you a way to look back at what you have done.  Little notes give you ideas you may have forgotten about..........like the corners on this border.
As this is a book ~~ of sorts ~~ I decided to mention a book I just finished reading.
I found it on the 80% off shelf at my favourite book store.
Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman
It is probably considered a "chick" book.  I read it in 3 days which means I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I rarely read a book during the day but this was one book I couldn't put down.


by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF