Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Embroidery is done, so now


the knitting needles are back out.  I tried to knit Kristina the hat she requested, but I failed miserably......3 times.....so I gave up and dug out a pattern I really like.  We decided in the end that this will be Karl's new hat.  The pattern is called "Swirl Hat" and I found it  here......
You have to sign up on this site, but it's okay.....it's a freebie.  This is actually a child's hat, so I grabbed my Astra yarn and my round needles and knit away.  A larger needle, a thicker yarn and it fits an adult.
This is my favourite new find.  I love this pattern and although it looks like cable.....it's not!
I should have cast this off a bit tighter, but as I didn't and there are 220 stitches on the needle, I opted to leave it alone.  It took a few nights of knitting to get this one done.  Once again, I took from my yarn stash what I had and knit away.
The pattern is here and again a freebie. 
I can't wear wool, so I took my white Beehive Astra yarn and knit this up -- same number of stitches and a smaller needle.....a 3.75mm.  It fits and I'm looking forward to wearing it.....as a cowl!  
I made a matching hat.  I rarely knit for myself so I went all out!
I couldn't find a pattern for the hat, so I figured it out.  120 stitches on a 4 mm needle and followed the pattern for the cowl. 
It has a pompom too!  My kids hate pompoms, but I don't
When the temperature gauge in your truck says
and the wind is howling
it is downright cold!
That's the weather conditions our son had for a weekend of work back in February.  I had made him a balaclava after the winter of 2014, but after this winter I decided he needed some more hand knitting.
I made him a cowl/neck warmer
This is made with Paton's Canadiana and a great pattern I found on this website
It took me 3 evenings to make it up.  
Now onwards with more knitting, when the yarn arrives from
Mary Maxim.
Getting some knitting done for Christmas is always a challenge, so this was my challenge for the month of March. 

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF