Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!

We have 3 of them within a month.  Cody, Kristina and Paul.....all in one family.
When Paul opened his Christmas gift he thought he was getting more pillowcases.  He was disappointed, sooooooooo I decided to make that right.
I saw these fabrics at the Oakville Sewing Centre and


and although they are from two different lines
Stonehenge and
Man About Town, designed by Deborah Edwards
 they work beautifully together.
I got a man's opinion of what to use for the band/cuff.  I made 4 pillowcases in all with the same band on both bodies.
I whipped them through my serger one afternoon, then discovered a mistake, then back to the serger and then the sewing machine! 
 They are now in storage until the big day,
 which is April 1st, 
which is tomorrow!
I will not tell you about the mess ups I did along the way with these cases.  For something so simple to make, I sure made a few days work for myself.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!


Search This Blog