Thursday, January 8, 2015

Meet the designers


and the fabric company.
There are a few fabric designers I really, really like.  I am happy to show you one of them today.  Buggy Barn is one of them.  Three of the fabrics I used in the last quilt were designed by two sisters from Washington State.


Two of the fabrics were from their line Angels Among us and the other is from a recent line called Snowbound.
I have always liked the bottom fabric in the first photo.  I have no idea why, something about it.  The colour?  Perhaps.  It's not a screaming red so that could be it.
Snowbound is no longer available at Oakville Sewing Centre.  I bought over 2 meters of it the other day.  It will make a great background fabric for something.......one day.
The gals that design these lines used to have a store in Reardon, Washington, but I hear it is closed now.  If you would like to read about these two designers click  here.


The company that carries their lines of fabric is Henry Glass and they have been around for a long, long time.

They have a blog which can be found here.  I know, I know, you need one more blog, but fabric company blogs offer scads of information on what will be in the stores in future months.
They also offer you  free projects!  Who doesn't like free.  Look here for everything they offer.  There are enough projects to keep you going all year.
Locally, I've found Buggy Barn at Oakville Sewing Centre on Speers Road.  To be honest, I haven't been out shopping for fabric beyond my town in quite awhile.  Maybe when the winter is over I'll just rectify that!




Search This Blog