Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Done!

The last of the Christmas sewing is done.  I had a few last minute things to make, but on Saturday, December 6th, I sewed down a binding and tucked the gift away.  It felt so good.
I decided to make a sewing machine organizer.  I have one for every machine I own and I love them.  You can tuck in your screw driver, your -- uhum, reverse stitcher --, and use it for a pin cushion.  My tiny brush for my machine is in one of the pockets too.
Barb found this pattern years ago on the Rainy Day Quilt School website.  They don't take long to make, perhaps a half day of sewing.
I decided to use a really cute fabric that I had in stock..........I thought it was rather perfect with the tape measure on it.

  When it came time to quilt it, I opted for a "fancy" stitch on my machine.  I intended to follow the lines in the fabric.  Here's a tip for Husqvarna for their walking feet.  Mark the centre of the foot!  It would make it so much easier for the stitcher if they want to follow a straight line.  I marked mine with a red Pigma pen.  I have no idea how long it will last, but it was long enough for what I wanted to do.
This is it!  All done.


  
We are tucking a gift card into one of the pockets and I'm going to find either a screw driver or a spool cap.   You know, those caps that keep the spool of thread in place.  
Now I can sew to my heart's content doing some penguin blocks.  I am so far behind on them!

The column that I posted on Friday in regards to Ronald McDonald House was in memory of two wee girls...........granddaughters of two of my friends.  One lived for about 4 months after her birth and the other little girl passed away from a brain tumour around the age of 4.
One of the Moms stayed at Ronald McDonald House so she could be close to her little daughter.
I wrote to my one girlfriend (she doesn't read the blog every day) and this was her response.
And yes, I cried when I read it.

  Thank you for your thoughtfulness.   This was truly one of the best Christmas gifts that anyone has ever given me and my family.  The quilt is beautiful .
Thank you again for generous donation of the quilt in memory of our granddaughter and for Sarah.

Search This Blog