Thursday, November 27, 2014

Two quilts are done.

neither are for me.
Our stitch and chat group decided to make a quilt and donate it to our local museum.  That is where we go the second Friday of every month to work on what we want.  Margery had a great pattern so we all made the same block and then embroidered our names onto a strip that would be sewn on underneath.
 Margery sewed the entire quilt top together and then I booked a date with Sewing Machines, etc., to quilt it.
I took two photos of the quilt.  The first one is while the quilt is still in the machine and if you look at the quilt hanging on the wall, the same block is in that colourful quilt.
 It was done in a little over an hour.
I decided on a simple design called Passionfruit by Lorien Quilting
King Tut threads in both the top and the backing.  
I did a second quilt and I can't claim this one either.
My prairie friend Irene asked me if I could quilt it for her.  She could not convince her long arm quilter that it didn't need custom work.  I took a look at the pattern on the internet and agreed with her.  A simple design with a thread that would blend in, so that Irene's work would shine through.
Watch for it.......photos are coming......




Search This Blog