Thursday, November 6, 2014

S.o.m.e days

things work out and s.o.m.e days they don't.
I wanted to quilt a baby quilt with wavy lines.  I tried to do it free motion and I was all over the place.  I had to do some "reverse" stitching and start all over again.
Quite awhile ago I bought a ruler and here it sits, never being used, so I dug it out.  I used both sides of it and laid it on a sheet of paper the width of the quilt.  This was going to be my template for the stitching.
I laid the paper on the quilt and stitched along the edge of the paper........
I measured down 4" from the start of the pattern the same as you would do if you were long arm quilting.  I used brown thread the first time



 The I switched out the thread for a soft green and sewed in-between the brown lines every two inches.   I did consider doing a blue thread in between the brown and green and decided against it.  Maybe another time.  The back is a soft brown flannelette.  Cosy for the upcoming winter months.









I was reading something just after I had finished this quilt and just before I was going to add the binding.  I'm going to let you read the link.
I tried this method......the very last of it.....the corner.....and I think I'm convinced that this is the way to do them all from now on.  It worked out beautifully.

Search This Blog