Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Thursday, November 6, 2014

S.o.m.e days

things work out and s.o.m.e days they don't.
I wanted to quilt a baby quilt with wavy lines.  I tried to do it free motion and I was all over the place.  I had to do some "reverse" stitching and start all over again.
Quite awhile ago I bought a ruler and here it sits, never being used, so I dug it out.  I used both sides of it and laid it on a sheet of paper the width of the quilt.  This was going to be my template for the stitching.
I laid the paper on the quilt and stitched along the edge of the paper........
I measured down 4" from the start of the pattern the same as you would do if you were long arm quilting.  I used brown thread the first time



 The I switched out the thread for a soft green and sewed in-between the brown lines every two inches.   I did consider doing a blue thread in between the brown and green and decided against it.  Maybe another time.  The back is a soft brown flannelette.  Cosy for the upcoming winter months.









I was reading something just after I had finished this quilt and just before I was going to add the binding.  I'm going to let you read the link.
I tried this method......the very last of it.....the corner.....and I think I'm convinced that this is the way to do them all from now on.  It worked out beautifully.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF