I knew the front fabric and hoped I had something to co-ordinate with it for the back. Thank goodness for my stash. I found a perfect flannel that was going to be used for a quilt....it never was made.
The front is slightly different than the other two. I don't think there are as many buttons but unless you have them all side by side, who would know.
I used the backing fabric to bind this one. I didn't have enough green left over from my flannel quilt, so I wasn't given much of a choice. I do like how it worked out.
This one is for our daughter.
and this one is for us!
I bought this beautiful blue fabric for us. I was a bit disappointed with it. It frayed so badly while I worked with it. I'm glad I cut it larger than needed.
The backing has an insert in it. I have had that blue snowman fabric for a long time and this was all that was left. I made the backing, and cut the binding as soon as I cut the front.
I found a blue variegated thread in my collection and decided to use it. I should have looked at it a bit closer but I didn't.
This is a 12 weight thread........really thick.....remember the little poem
40 is fine
30 is thick
that means this was really thick.
But it shows on the flannel.
I have decided to leave my serger out, so I get more use out of it. I trimmed away the sides and overcast it. That stopped the fraying in its tracks.
It is exactly 1/4 inch and as I bind at 3/8", I'm just fine.
This one is different. This time I played.
Snowflakes, scarves, and a little less quilting.
I'm ready for the first significant snowfall.
Here is the link for the book I found these banners in. You can order the book directly from