Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It has arrived

I have been to Chapters twice to buy a magazine and both times only the Fall issue was still on the shelf.  I decided to come home and order it on line.  It arrived last Thursday and I'm so glad it is now in my hot little hands.
This is not a magazine I buy very often.  Not often there are things that interest me, but this time
 one quilt sold me on the entire issue.
I absolutely love the colors in this quilt and the embroidery will make a great winter project.
I have already decided on the background.  Muslin.  A really nice fabric to work with when you are doing embroidery and it will be lovely for the blocks which I intend to do in brown.
I glanced through the magazine and this caught my eye.  I'm thinking maybe a new tree skirt.  I'll have to make it larger than what the blocks are suppose to be.  
So much of this pattern I really took to.  Perhaps it will be ready for next Christmas.
It definitely won't be this one.

There are pages and pages of patterns inside the book.
I'm sure I can adapt many of them to other projects.

Another pattern caught my eye.  Simple little table topper for where I do not know.
We have a lot of Christmas "stuff" in our house but what are a few more.



Search This Blog