Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oh, dear

I lacked motivation this month.  I couldn't get going on Penguin Cheer.  I have no idea why.
I took the bull by the horns and worked on it  Sunday afternoon while my football team played ball and nearly won the game.  They seem to be on a loosing skid right now.  I hope they come back before it's too late, but if they don't, well that's okay.  I'm not an armchair quarterback.  I just like to watch and cheer.
Anyway, back to my penguin.
I guess I really wasn't in the mood.  I traced, fused, cut out and then couldn't put it together.  Duh!  I had done the scarf wrong.  I didn't like the way it was placed on the penguin so I moved it around a bit until I was happy.  This is it!  Block number 9.


Next month, I'm not doing the block given.  I'm actually going to start my rendition this week.....maybe Friday night as I'm not the one that answers the door to the kiddies on Hallowe'en.
I decided November's block is too much like two other blocks so I redesigned.
Do you see block 3 and this month's block......bundled up for winter.......and then again in November?
This is what I thought of......
take the penguin from block number 9 and the chick from block number 8.  Do a wee bit of fiddling and add a little heart and you have it.  I was trying to think of something that wasn't already on the quilt and a heart was all I could think of.  I have decided to move Momma's feet in a bit so the toes will probably be the only thing showing and as the arms are slightly different, I'll use the one on the right
or maybe the one on the left........
decisions, decisions.



I'll post my block as soon as it is done.  

Search This Blog