It is ~~ well, suppose to be Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, from Jennifer Chiaverini. There were mistakes in the patterns which aggravated me something fierce. I opted to change them out for paper piecing. What was I thinking.
This was suppose to be my project for last summer and I put it back in the bag, time and time again. This summer.....the summer of challenges....was the one. I would sit on the patio in the afternoons~~I started in late July~~and remove the paper. What a chore.
I lost count of how many days I worked on it, but one Sunday afternoon, I told Karl this is it! I'm not moving until I'm done. On August the 24th, I hung it on the line and snapped this photo.
Then of course, you have borders to put on. I purchased a brown/pink fabric and as I already had some border fabrics from the brown cut, I got to work. It took me 3 days to put them on. I would measure and cut and sew down 2 sides. By the last few rows I was needing help with holding it up while I pinned it, so I used two ironing boards close together to take the weight.
The final row, I decided to re-enforce the stitching at both ends of the seams, regardless of whether it was a join in the border pieces or the start and ending of the "rows". I really don't want any seams coming apart at this stage of the game.
The top is together! All 84" x 84" of it...or something like that.
I have a backing on a bolt, but it is only 90" x 90" so I have to add to it. I decided to find the wedding invitation and some photos and I'm sliding them into the backing. I think horizontally at the moment, but we'll see. I even have the label done! One more challenge quilt but that's way off in the future. Time to start something fresh.