Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quilt #3

This turned out to be a real challenge.  What I had in mind and what worked out were two different things.  It would also help if I could do math!
My original plan was to take 2 1/2" squares....9 of them.....and sew them to a blue strip 2 1/2" x 20".  Then for the next row....2 1/2" squares........7 of them......and sew them to a blue strip 2 1/2" wide.  I was going to use 3 different blues and alternate the rows.  I had 8 done, placed them on the wall and stood there stunned.  It looked terrible......great in my mind, but just not looking good with the actual work.  I had to do some fast thinking.  That didn't happen, so I walked away for the day.
 I thought perhaps this might work......nope.  Didn't like it.

I tried again with a different dark blue.......not cutting it either. 
 I tried all of these and then....
 I spotted this on the table and wow!  Time to redesign this quilt

 and this is it.  I saved it.

As usual, I took it outside in the natural light once it was all sewn together.  The breeze was blowing again....... in the front yard........
and in the backyard

but I did get one photo

I need to grow so I can take photos up closer~~~or perhaps, just put them at my height, which is close to the ground ~~  so I don't have so far to fall.
The backing is purchased.  I found this great flannel over at the Quilt Junction that will work beautifully with it.
My next challenge is to make a quilt that is gender neutral.  I'm thinking maybe greys and whites.  We'll see.

Search This Blog

Humboldt Broncos

Humboldt Broncos
This blog is dedicated to the young people that lost their lives from the Humboldt Hockey Team. It is also dedicated to the first responders, the doctors and nurses and to the families and the people of Saskatchewan

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF