some challenges over the summer.
The first one was to make a backing from only the fabric I had in the house
and I did that with no problem. Not much of any of it left over for another project which was a goal I wanted to achieve.
The next challenge was to make the front of this quilt with only the fabric I had purchased. I designed the quilt in my mind and then put it into EQ. I had to make some changes from the original idea but I did get the quilt done from only the fabric purchased.
Challenge number 3 was to order fabric for the
backing of the penguin quilt, buying only what I needed. I used two quilt calculators -- one that is free and is here:
and then using the APP on my tablet. They both said 7 yards and I thought I could do much better, so I set pen to paper and I can do it by joining one yard a few times and only buy 6 yards with some to spare!
This is the fabric. I found it at fabric.com -- a company I've dealt with before
I have block 7 done now and am happy with it. You can see I added a big bow tie. My friend Susan S. said to me the fabric looked like shirt fabric for a tuxedo shirt.....therefore...... Tuxedo = bow tie! I made the centre part of the bow with a little extra.....I put some batting underneath the circle and then stitched it down. It makes it a bit puffy which is what I wanted to do.
Last challenge for now......get my Sylvia's done! I want the entire top finished by the end of August.....no more fiddling around. This has to be completed. I have a backing I found in the closet that will work beautifully with it ~~ I may have to add to it, but time will tell. I'll see if I can find a brown or blue ...... blue being the problem colour!
one way or another!