Seeing as the girls are joining us on the Island for a week, I decided to get rid of a piece of fabric that has been around for awhile. Morgan mentioned her dog pillowcase, so I grabbed this off the pile and made it up.
Now it has a new home. It will be loved!
I purchased the yellow for the band at Sewing Machines, etc. and I only bought enough for what I was doing. I wasn't feeling well that day!
I really wasn't. It took me three tries to start this case. After attempt #2, I looked up the directions
on the internet. Nearly 200 cases made and she just could not do it!!! Says a lot about me, doesn't it.
Project #2 was a new pair of oven mitts. Both pairs in the trailer had seen better days and I was going to buy some new ones when I saw this tutorial on Facebook.
I had everything I needed to make them including the perfect fabric that I had purchased a couple of years back when we were in Prince Edward Island.
They took me two days. One mitt one day and the other mitt the next day. We had a busy week and that was all the time I could spare to get them made.
When Cody was making his snap happy pouch, I really had problems with the directions. I guess I was having a "not so smart" day, but do you think I could find out how to make that casing.
We struggled through and did get it done, but on Friday I decided to make up a sample and put it in the envelope with my directions on how to do it.
I may do this again in the future for those things I don't make often.fabric.com. I ordered it Wednesday night and on Friday, UPS stopped in front of the house with a parcel for me. It was the fabric. Cody and I are both so impressed we just might be using them again.
I hope we have a lot of time to get all this done. We'll see what happens by the end of today.