Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Winnie the pooh, winnie the pooh

I love Winnie!  He has to be the cutest bear around and he has quite the history.  He was a Canadian you know.
I had two pieces of flannel on the table and decided to use them for a backing.  I cut them in half and sewed them together.
I had some fabric left over from a project that wasn't big enough to do much with.  It's the yellow one in the photo.  
I found two co-ordinates and using my head for more than a hat rack......came up with this design.

I was using the stripe for the binding so I decided that the stripe shouldn't be at the edge of the quilt.  More than likely the stripe wouldn't match and I wouldn't be amused.
I needed a quilting pattern so I zoomed in on the focal fabric, snapped a photo and then cropped down to it with the programme in my computer.  Then I made it really big in Word.
I joined it together with a heart

and it looks like this when you see it running across the quilt
I understand from a friend in Australia that this is Paddington Bear.  I know nothing about him, so I went searching for information.
 Don't tell Mr. Bond but he isn't as cute as Winnie
This is the finished quilt. Hanging from my favourite tree in the yard.



Search This Blog