I thought I had done well with the choosing. Jane, the gal that helped me out, was happy with the result too.
I knew what I was going to make so I started with the backing ~~ left overs from the scrap table.....yes, I have a table full of them! Keep them visible you will use them up.
I absolutely love how this turned out.
Back to the front. I was doing a quilt as you go. Sandwich the backing and the batting, then sew the strips down through all the layers. I start at the bottom with a 1" wider strip than the rest of them. I had figured out I needed 3 of one green, 3 of the other....cut them 2 1/2" wide by about 38". My finished quilt was to be 36" x 36"
I did the whole thing.......all the greens, all the tan/browns.
making sure all the tans were running in the same direction
It looked good --sort of --and then I was going to put on the appliqué. My pattern was from a quilt I've done before and the block would have been 10". I thought wow this will work and then I started to doubt it. He seemed so tiny but I went ahead because I really, really wanted this lamb.
I added some flowers, which by the way are all flannels, to the grass because the lamb ~~ and yes, I know he is white, but my lambs are clean! At least, that's what I told Karl when he mentioned to me that sheep/lambs never have white wool encasing their bodies. Darn farmers!
I did all the stitching, including some focal stitching on my white lamb, added a little something to the flower and by george, I now like it! The lamb doesn't seem quite so small anymore and I believe it's because I did some free motion quilting to bring your eye to him.
I opted for a binding that was opposite from the fabrics. It was a pain to do, so I'm not getting into it. It had to match "bang on" and that required some fancy maneuvering.
Done now! On the pile. I have one more to make up and that's it for awhile. Back to my sewing.
Okay, I never noticed until Saturday that the "opposite" pillowcase wasn't on the blog. Here it is......
Somedays I love blogger......somedays I don't