Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A little slow this month

with my penguin.  I took it to stitch and chat and only had it all cut out by the end of the day.  I'm happy now I did the placement at home.  I have a huge light table that I put to good use.  It's a large piece of plexiglass that Karl had in the workshop.  I asked if I could borrow it and darn.....it's never left the room!
  I sorted everything out on the table and then started to put my penguins together.  I had to buy more white fabric so I'll have to do some jiggling with one block when it comes to the end.        
I love this new fabric and when Susan saw it she gave me a great suggestion.  One of the upcoming blocks (sorry it's kind of tiny) has no embellishment sooooooooo
 he is going to have a bowtie at his neck.  He will definitely look like a tuxedo'd penguin then!
When it came time to put the placement sheet together, I pulled out my tape to join the papers.  It's removable tape so when I was done, I could take apart the pattern without ripping it.  I'm keeping all the handouts in a binder.......together.....should I ever need a penguin pattern for something else.

It is all fused and waiting at the sewing machine for an afternoon when I can get the blanket stitch done.  I think it may take me a day or two.
You may notice that all my lightbulbs are attached to the string.  I used a print for the string and to be honest I didn't like the bulbs out in the air.
A personal thing.......OCD in action.



and yes, my threads are all picked.  I'm ready to go.


Search This Blog