Thursday, May 22, 2014

A friend of mine is going

to be a grandma.....
for the first time, 
so I dug out an old pattern and some flannelette -- okay I bought some new fabric -- and set to work.  This is one of the fabrics and
I chose to fussy cut the birds out

 
What are they?  Burp pads and the pattern is here.
It's a freebie from Connecting Threads.
I only cut one fabric and then layer
I place a thin needle punch, then the backing (RIGHT side up) and then the "front" (WRONG side up)
I sew all around the edge using a 1/4" seam allowance
leaving an opening for turning.
Then I trim
turn right side out
sew the opening closed and then stitch all the way around
using my walking foot as my guide.  It comes out to about 3/8" in from the side.
They are quick and easy and all the Moms and Grandmas I know just love them.
I wish they had been thought of when I had my babies years ago.  








Search This Blog