I traced, fused and cut according to the sheet, but when I went to put it together, the face just and I mean just! covers the black of the body. Either make the body a bit wider or the face. I would do the body as it won't be seen. See the photo of where I would increase it. I would make the scarf just a wee bit longer too. I had problems with it going from one side to the t'other!
I opted to build this one as seeing through with just the print off from the computer really isn't dark enough when you pick dark fabrics.
I fused the eyes to the "face" and the nose to the scarf. Not the top part of the nose, just the bottom. I wanted to make sure I had it centered, as the eyes were already in place and that nose has to fit in between.
Once they were done I did the entire penguin. As I said I had troubles, but with the stitching I'm hoping it will be okay. It just overlaps and that is all.
As I wanted to let you all know right away, the blanket stitch isn't done yet. I fused and ran up to the computer and typed this up. I hope to get to it over the week-end.
Next month I will be a wiser woman and make the inner part of the body larger to start with. Perhaps a 1/4 inch as I can gauge that pretty well.
By the way, there were two columns posted today. I didn't want you to miss the first one which is just below this one.