Ginger Hearts

Ginger Hearts
Apricot Moon pantograph

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pixie Penguin

First of all if you missed my post on Thursday it is here:
http://quilton.blogspot.ca/2014/04/warning-i-had-problems.html
I have all my blanket stitch done and I have a few tips for you and an option on the pocket.
Well, okay not a tip but a stroke of luck and perhaps a titch of genius.  I didn't like the placement of the eyes on the penguin.....they seemed so far apart and there was a titch of an opening around the nose..............
 sooooooooo,  I warmed up my iron with NO steam and very carefully pressed the eyes until they would peel away.
 I cut out new ones and pressed them into place.  I don't know whether this is "do-able" for all kinds of fusible web but it worked with my steam a seam.
When it came time to do the stitching around the pocket I did some thinking ahead of time.  I wanted the pocket to appear as if you could open it and put something in, but wanted it stitched in place too.
I opted to do the blanket stitch around the three sides
 but at the top I did a straight stitch from one corner to the other.
 I think it looks pretty good and even though I used a variegated thread it does blend into the fabric.
I tie my ends off at the back and the block kept slipping and sliding down onto my knee.  I decided to drop the foot on my sewing machine and it held the block in place until I was done.
That's it!  My block is done for this month.  
Now onto my blocks from Quiltmaker.





by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF