Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm going to give this one now

before Easter arrives on our doorstep.

I took a design I saw on the web and thought Easter chocolate.  And who delivers that chocolate???? You got it!!!  The Easter Bunny.
These are for our table and I designed them, so you get a PDF as my Easter gift to all of you.

I pulled fabrics from my never decreasing stash for these.  You could use fat quarters to cut your strips.  I cut mine 2 1/2" x 17 so I could trim back when all the stitching was done.  I used Duo-Fuse for the batting so I could fuse the backing on and not worry about puckering.  
I started at the TOP and worked my way down.  You can use one fabric if you choose, but these were designed to use a separate piece at the bottom.
  I pressed the first piece in place and then added the next 4 strips.  I pressed them in place after I finished each row.     Once the rows were in place I set it aside and put the rabbit together.
The rabbit is placed on the background before you put the "grass" on.  The pattern allows for the 1/4" seam allowance.
Once the rabbit is fused together, place it about 2" from the side of the mat.

You can then add the bottom strip.  
 I did all the blanket stitch once the top was together.  It makes the bunny a bit puffier.
I'm sure Karl will not be amused with the bow, but it adds something to the placemat.   They are really easy to make.  You cut a piece of fabric 2 1/2" x 1 1/2", gather in the centre, wrap the thread around a couple of times and stitch in place.  That's it.


The PDF's are here and here.  I reversed the pattern for you.  I do find it easier to press the fusible web to the back of the fabric, cut out the templates and trace around them, so I suggest you run them off on card stock instead of paper.  






Search This Blog