Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I had one block extra

from my stack and whack dresden plate quilt.  I knew right away it would be a pillow, but.........

Uh-huh, that but!  The pillow has to go with the quilt.  No sense keeping it.  Now throw pillows are great but you always have to be careful with them.  Whether you do a zipper back or an envelope back, you have to place the pillow on the bed, the sofa, whatever carefully.  BUT, if you make a pillow reversible it wouldn't matter, would it.

I sandwiched the "front" and really thought about the quilting.

The back didn't need any......it's quilt as you go.









The front of the pillow only has quilting around the "plate" then twice on the plate.  I did the centre by stitching around in the circle.  The blue marking lines will disappear when I wet them.
I opted to put the zipper to one side or perhaps it's the bottom.  I'm not an expert on inserting zippers, but this one didn't turn out too badly.  I thought a lot about it before I set machine to fabric.
I trimmed it back to 15" and inserted a 16" pillow form.

One side....(which I like better than the plate side)





and the other side.

If I make pillows again, I'll do this same thing.  We don't lack pillows in our house, but it's always nice to have something new.
Now to make a storage bag for the quilt.

My friend Karen is going in to have surgery on her knee tomorrow.  I want to wish her all the very best.  See you at stitch and chat real soon.

Search This Blog