Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Penguin Cheer


Well, that's my name for it.  I completed the first block quickly.  



I bought some 30 weight thread for the stitching and after a lot of thinking I did finally do blanket stitch around the larger areas and a small straight stitch on the eyes, nose and feet.
I bought Sulky Blendables.  I have a few in stock and just added the black, white and copper colour.  If I don't have exactly what I need I'll think about using Guterman.

As you can see my box is filled.  I have all my threads and in that 35 mm film canister are my bobbins.  That little recipe card up in the left hand corner......those are my notes.

I know I will never remember from one month to the next what I did so I wrote it down.

Type of stitch, where I found it on the machine, the foot I used (also called an appliqué foot), length and width of blanket stitch.

I also wrote down the stitch length for the straight stitching.

I want this to be consistent throughout the quilt.

I have started a page for this quilt.  I'm not posting a column every month for it, because once you have done one block they are basically all the same.

Now to get to block 2!

I did something special with the freebie Sindy gave us back in February.  Want to see it?  Okay come back on Thursday.........you didn't think I was going to give it to you today did you?


I've heard a rumour, and I'm sure it's true...........





Search This Blog