It came down off the wall awhile ago with the binding strips all cut, and then it was put aside.
This was one of 3, I sandwiched one Saturday and then I finally went downstairs and stitched it together. Our basement is rather cold at the moment so I don't stay too long at one time.
However, as I got closer and closer to the finish I kept at it one morning
until it was finished.
I get to sit upstairs and do the binding. That takes me about an hour at the machine and then an evening in front of the television.
I decided the backing needed something, so I gave it a moon and a star ~~ leftover flannel from another project.
I took these shots outdoors in the fresh snow in the backyard. When I lifted the quilt off the snow, I was surprised to see an impression of it looking back at me. You can actually see one of the stars I did in the border. Of course, there is a cone from the sequoia tree on the ground. They are everywhere in our yard.
I did simple quilting in the body of the quilt. Cross hatching in the sashings and straight stitching around the block.
The border I opted to do free motion. Just a whole lot of meandering and the occasional moon and star.
I had the perfect blue thread in my Connected Threads, thread box. Still no new thread purchased.
One more off that dreaded pile. More and more and more to go.