Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Off the "finish me up"

stack and into the box!  I have projects completed that have been lying about and I must say I feel so good.
This is Jungle Babies.  I cut up a panel and added some fabrics I purchased way back, then added what was in the sewing room.  I hand quilted this one and it didn't take long at all.  Simple cross hatching.
All it needed was for the binding to be sewn in place.  Procrastinator!

IMG_9251

This one was in the hoop from before Christmas.  I just didn't feel like hand quilting!  I sat for two or three evenings and finished up the quilting.  The next day I squared it up, added the binding (I have yards of that fabric) and then sat that night, once again in front of the television and stitched it down.
Untitled

There was fabric cut in the pile to make a pillowcase......."A" pillowcase, not 1/2 doz. of them, just one.  The two fabrics were sitting on the spare bed crumbled up in a ball.  A quick press, one hour later you have a pillowcase.
I'll get it over to Ronald McDonald house along with a bag of donations I have on hand.
Untitled

Lastly, this was on the needles and was considered a work in progress.  Two nights and it was done.   The yarn made the best pattern as you stitched along.  I should have paid more attention to the band on the yarn.  I know it's a Patons Astra.  I'll have to see what other colours it comes in.

Untitled

I plunked it on a teddy bear's head and snapped another photo so you could see it.

Untitled


I'm going to finish this stack of UFO's this month.  I am permitted to start one new project and that is coming.  I found it on the internet and I'll put it into the Christmas box.  I have a plan for it.

We have had a very Canadian winter, just like the ones we had when we were growing up......in Quebec, not Ontario.  The sunsets we have seen have been spectacular and usually are in the cold, crisp winter evenings.  I took this photo last week just as the Canada Geese were heading back to Lake Ontario for the night.  Every day they fly up to the farmer's fields and feast on whatever they can find after they dig through the snow.  I shot this through the living room window.  It took awhile, but I finally got a good one.  You would be amazed at how fast this big beggar's fly!




Search This Blog