Thursday, February 13, 2014

More are done

and on the finished pile.

I picked up the Steps quilt top and the backing, sandwiched it and in two days I had it quilted.  I cut the binding and sewed it on, then stitched it down while watching tv in the evening.


I quilted this one just a wee bit differently.  I did use my masking tape.  The blue lines on the quilt top are all the same distance apart. The exact same on the right and on the left of the quilt. When I was doing the bottom section I decided to try something.  I took out another masking tape that was a different width.  I wanted to see if I liked it in case someday I wanted to give it a go on something larger.
These are the two widths.  I used the smaller one first then the larger until I was near the end.  As room would only allow the narrow tape, I used that twice.  I did like the result so I did the top the same way.  Let's be honest, even if I hadn't liked it, I would have kept going.  Not "unstitching" another quilt!!  That story is coming up.
 I have three sizes in the basket at the moment.  The next time we are up at the lumber yard, I'm going to see how many widths I can get and purchase at least one of each.
This is the back of the quilt.  I am now finished with this fabric.  Yeah!!
By the way, I didn't have anything to bind it with, so I used the backing fabric.  It goes well together.
I found a cute little hat pattern in an knitting book I bought before Christmas.....great intentions....didn't go anywhere.  The book is published by Patons and uses only Astra yarn.
 I have been using this yarn since my adult kids were little kids.  I love it!  Machine wash, machine dry.  So muss, no fuss.

I've never done this ribbing before but definitely will be doing it again.

If you click on the link, you can see the different hats, scarves, mitts inside.  My next one is the lace hat.....first one in the book.  Then I think I have to buy more yarn or perhaps just use up the left-overs from this blue and what I'm sure I'll have from the white one I'm doing.  Of course, I do have other yarn......lots and lots of other yarn!

Tomorrow is stitch and chat and it is Valentine's Day.  Happy Day to all of you.  Think I'm going to treat the fella. I'll buy him a nice bunch of flowers on my way home from Friday's Fabulous Females.

Search This Blog