Tuesday, January 21, 2014

This was started late in November


and it never got finished.  When Karl purchased his new TV, I told him I would make a runner for him to put on the table underneath the stand of the telly.

I had a great charm pack and started to work with it.
I decided to make the disappearing nine patch.  I stitched my nine charm squares together and then sliced it at the 2 1/4" line on my ruler, one way and then without moving the block, cut the other way.

This is when its nice to have a rotating cutting mat.

Then I took the top right and the bottom left and turned them so the red squares were now on the outside corners

Stitch the two rows together and you have your block done.

I added some sashing -- cut 3 1/2" wide........
and then the borders -- cut 3 1/2" wide.  

Tomorrow the backing.  A new nine patch cut!!!

A little add-on here.  I had chosen this line of fabric to make a bed skirt, part of Mystery Quilt series from Border Creek.  Now that it is made up, I'm glad I reconsidered it.  I honestly don't think I would have like this on my bed.  I know what I'm looking for, I just can't find it!

However, before tomorrow I want to share this.  It's not really much just a beautiful cappuccino mug I picked up last summer from Village Pottery on the Island.  I don't drink cappuccino's......I drink coffee with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.  I drink black tea and I love -- absolutely love -- tomato soup.  It is the only soup that passes my lips.  When our granddaughter Taylor came to visit she would ask Grandma to make some orange soup!  Can we drink it?  Absolutely!  So drink it we do.  This particular mug was made by a store employee, Laura.  The greens and the yellows remind me of the rolling hills on PEI.  Maybe I can find some more pottery like this when we are down this summer.  Our reservations are made and I've booked a class at Fabric Crafts 'n More, in O'Leary.


Search This Blog