Thursday, January 23, 2014

Product......no make that a

book review

I had a product review all typed up and ready to be posted when I changed my mind.  I had been asked to do a test on it and I did.  I had nothing good to say about it, so I yanked the review and am doing this one instead.  The product was a fairly new fusible web that is on the market right now.  That is all I'm going to share with you.

The book is called Inspirational Applique.  A beautiful book I judged by it's cover and then went into Martingale and did some more looking around.


I love this wall hanging and will be making it up when I allow myself too.   It won't be for awhile.


This book will inspire you to make so many of the gorgeous offerings.  This table runner could be hung on a wall.  I'll need some beautiful batiks for this one.  I have the black background fabric.  Boy do I have black fabric!

This reminds me of a poem we had hanging in our home many years ago.  Also a song performed by Perry Como.
"Bless this house, O Lord we pray
Make it safe by night and day.
Bless these walls so firm and stout,
Keeping want and trouble out."
I may have to change the words on it.


The next one reminds me of my father-in-law.  He raised sheep on his farm.  We have one tribute quilt to him and my mother-in-law in the house, but another one will never hurt. He was a wonderful man.



This has to be for Karl, the bird lover.  He feeds his birds regularly and keeps me informed as to whom has visited the feeder lately.
I called him to the window the other day.  A squirrel was desperately trying to get some food.  He couldn't do it though.










There are a lot of beautiful wall hangings in this book. I could be busy for a long, long time.

I bought another book too.  Slash your Stash.  I got free shipping if I purchased books over $25.  I'll review that one when I get a chance to sit down and take a gander through it.




We had a phone call from our daughter last night.  By the time she had finished talking to us, I was sick.  Our grandson was crossing the road to go to college with the green light.......someone turning the corner drove right into him.  He has a broken leg with the cast up to his thigh.  The doctor said no school for 3 weeks and he started to cry.  He is going to be a tool and die maker and he spends hours on his legs working at the lathes, etc.  No school this week at all.  He is devastated and then the pain makes it worse.  I want to hug him, but not right now.

Keep your fingers crossed for him.  He is such a great kid.

Search This Blog