Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A great new FREE

block of the month.  This one is so cute that you are going to want to find your fabrics and get organized.
This is it!
A freebie from Fat Cat Patterns
fat cat
I told you it was cute.
The first thing to do is to download the instructions that are up and ready for you.  The block of the month starts on February 1st, but we’ll be organized and ready to go by then.
Go to this link:
click on those bluey/green words Instructions and Yardage and print it off.
That’s all done, so now we get organized.  Find yourself one of those boxes I’ve recommended in the past. 
IMG_9164
  In the bottom place a piece of batting.  It doesn’t matter what kind.  You will put all your finished blocks on this. 
Put your pattern into a binder of one kind or another.  I like the ones the kids buy for school.  They are poly presentation folders. 
Then I selected fabrics from my stash.  The year of the frugal quilter is upon us.  I’ve chosen 2 1IMG_9167/2 yards of a variety of creams.  I will cut these up according to the directions.  I think I’ll cut as I go along.  If you have the full yardage you could cut the blocks now.
I have the black which is a cream on black but it’s black on the wrong side.  Then the white, but what’s that other one.  Interfacing!!!  You may want that behind the white so the fabric in the background doesn’t show through.  I’m still searching for the other black that is somewhere around here.
I took a peek at the layout and decided to find some fabrics I think will work.  I found a variety of reds, yellows, blues and greens.  I have to find some browns yet, but I think what I have will work well.   

The only thing I have left to do is add some threads to the box.
IMG_9172I’ll be checking that out over the next couple of days.  I want my topstitching ones for blanket stitching around the edges of the different pieces on each block.  I’ll need a good variety.
I’ll post reminders for you on the first of each month.







You aren't going to like me much but this is the last freebie I'm going to mention.  It's from Quilter's Newsletter and I tried to find it last week without success.  Then it popped into my mailbox.  The blocks will appear on the first of the month.

Search This Blog